Friday 9 November 2012

How do I do this Thing Called Christian? (Hanna Lyle)

Well hello there and welcome to my inaugural blog post! I think I'll take this first post to expand a bit more on what this blog is all about. It started back in May, although perhaps it really started almost a year before hand, but we'll leave that be. It started because a wonderful person from the church I attend, as the youth leader no less, asked me about my confirmation. Erm, awkward - I was never confirmed. I've pondered the why's and the why not's of this, but alas that's a subject also best left untouched, for now.

So. My flirtation with the idea of confirmation culminated in a meeting this summer with the gracious Gaye Sharpe. There it was decided that I, being a fledgling (wannabe?) writer, should get my blog on and write. And so here we are, me, the writer, exploring, imploring, perhaps even destroying and rebuilding, and you, the reader, along for the ride. You may be a member of my own community since birth, or perhaps a perfect stranger, but fundamentally, you are a participant in this adventure.

So Hanna, what exactly will you be talking about? I'm glad you asked. We'll start with "Church, Why Bother?". As a youth group leader I feel the very baseline question of why one should even cast the covers aside before 10:00 am on Sunday morning needs to be relevantly addressed. From there, we'll touch on scripture, experience, and tradition through a myriad of rivetingly delicious topics.

Until we meet again,

- Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment